What is the best way to generate lots of leads for your blog or ecommerce store? You may be trying different methods of digital marketing like SEO (search engine optimization) or SMM (social media marketing). But have you tried your hand in search engine marketing?
What is SEM?
Search engine marketing or SEM is the method of posting ads on search engines. Whenever someone enters a keyword or keyphrase (that you are targeting) to search in Google, your ads will pop out. It is a great way to generate new leads.
How to do SEM for your business
You have to follow several steps to make the most out of Google ads:
- Create Google Adwords account.
- Create the audience. It is the most important part. You will have to experiment with it a little in the beginning to find the right audience for yourself.
- Create ads and use the right keywords.
- You should use ad extensions to provide additional information about your ads.
- Use descriptive URL.
- Keep optimizing your ads every now and then.
How SEM is so helpful
Search engine marketing gives you exposure in front of a huge audience. Google has a network of a lot of websites called google display network. Once you post your ad on Google, you can make it visible on these websites as well.
Another great advantage is that your ad will appear on the first page of Google. It is a great help if you are just starting out in ecommerce store or blogging. It will help you get early traffic. If your product is good most of the early traffic could convert into your regular customer as well.
Make sure to keep checking the progress of your ads. Keep optimizing them for better results. Also keep researching about new keywords. Competitor research is also a great way to learn what you can apply for your growth.